Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Barrier Broken - Hurrah for the 160's!!

Well, I finally broke through into a new weight decade - I'm into the 160's now. Yep, today I was 169.2. Now that is something to be happy about. So long 170's! I never want to see you again until I am knocked up and about to give birth.

Yesterday, all I ate was protein and fat. I ate no real carbs except for some lettuce in my salad. Drank crystal light and coffee and water. My body just seems to respond better to less carbohydrates. I am not advocating an extreme no carb type of lifestyle at all. I need bread and pasta sometimes, man. But for my day to day, I just feel better when I eliminate sugar and many of the "white" carbs in my diet and focus on proteins and healthy fats.

I exercised last night by taking Wyatt for a walk in the neighborhood. We have a lot of long roads that are conducive to walking and running but I never knew that so much of it was uphill. Maybe I just didn't notice it until I was trying to push 40-50 pounds of baby and stroller up it. Jeez. I have no idea how much that stroller weights by itself - probably close to 15 or 20 pounds and the kid is around 30. Anyway, it was quite a workout. I don't know what I will do tonight. I didn't get up this morning to work out - I am so tired lately and I suspect that I have developed a sinus infection. Ick. I have kept doing workouts, of course, but I just have a hard time dragging my ass out of bed to work out at 6AM. Perhaps I will use my ski machine tonight. The Nordic Track is an old-fashioned piece of equipment but I tell you - it is an amazing workout in only 30 minutes, arms and legs. Once you master the movement (it is pretty tricky at first) you can really get going and just sort of veg out while you're doing it. Or watch TV or listen to music - whatever. I am so glad that we have room for our little at home gym - it really allows for more workout options.

Hurrah, hurrah! Seven jeans, I am coming for you.

Today's weight: 169.2
Today's exercise: Nordic track after 8PM...
Song of the Day: Click Click Boom by Saliva (a lovely band name, wouldn't you agree?)

No comments: