Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I'm Still Here!

Well, my weekend was a little hectic and then yesterday I just didn't get to my blog. SO SORRY. Over the weekend I had another pant ripping crisis. There we were, shopping in Costco - I was wearing an older pair of jeans that were finally starting to loosen up a little. I squatted down to put a flat of water bottles under the cart and yep, sure enough, the fabric covering my left butt cheek gave way with a bizarre ripping tickle-y feeling. That was just great. I didn't have a sweatshirt to tie around my waist or anything. So I just went with it but promptly made a beeline for the Levi table where I picked out a replacement pair.

Okay so they didn't rip because I am so fat - they just gave up the fight. C'mon, they were $20 jeans from Target, all soft and super thin from constant wearing because no other pants really have been fitting. I am actually glad they are in the trash. I never really liked them that much, anyway.

I decided that I am not going to weigh myself at all this week and hold out until Sunday. The last time I weighed myself I was disappointed. I've been pretty disappointed all along this journey so far because my weight has not really changed that much and I have made a lot of changes in my eating and exercise habits. So instead of being crushed every morning, I 've decided to only check once a week and thereby be happy for whatever loss actually occurs.

I have really been enjoying my walk/jogs lately. I am almost to the point of being able to say I am "running" again - I'm almost there. It has been very pleasant. I have found that I really enjoy listening to my praise music while working out. I never thought that would be the case because I usually listen to some crazy techno dance or heavy metal music when I am exercising but lately the God music has truly been fabulous and inspirational. Who knew?

Well, it's down into the gym I go to do 30 minutes on the ski machine - I did the same last night. I seem to have developed an ingrown toenail irritation so I have not been out "running" in the last couple of days. That's okay - I think I burn just as many calories on the Nordic Track, actually.

Today's Weight - not gonna do it
Today's Exercise - ski machine and watch "Sideways" while doing it
Song of the Day - Love listening to "Agnus Dei" of which there are about a million different versions on ITunes. I like Michael's Smith's.

No comments: