Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Smooth Sailing So Far This Week

This week has gone fairly well on the food front, meaning that I haven't had too many awful cravings or temptations. I have no idea if any of it is doing any good since I haven't weighed myself but last night I tried on the infamous Seven Jeans (I discovered that they are actually NOT Seven jeans but are Citizens of Humanity or some stupid hyped up name like that) and I could just barely get them buttoned but I got them over my hips and closed and that's definitely progress. I think my big ol' gut is looking a little smaller, too.

I am really not just totally obsessed with my body - there are other things going on in my life besides my weight loss goals but I focus on that because that is what this whole blog is supposed to be about. For example - Right now Justin and I are sweating it out and waiting for our bar exam results. We should get them around April 16 or 17. Waiting sucks!! For me, it is especially crucial that I pass, not only because I failed half of the exam last time but because my boss and I have a pretty full case load right now and it would be great to actually be able to a) sign documents that I have worked so hard on and b) charge more $ for my time. However, I would give up passing if it meant that Justin would absolutely pass. We both feel pretty good about the exam, though, so I am hopeful that we will both be getting the small envelopes (you only get the big one if you fail and last time, I got the big one - shiiiiiit). I will not be happy if only one of us gets the small one, no matter who it is. Okay, I can't think about this anymore because there is nothing I can do at this point to influence the outcome. I just don't ever want to take another bar exam again. One in 1999 (Oregon), one in 2006, one in 2007 (both Montana) - that is enough!

Justin is sitting next to me and eyeing the computer as if he has some big pressing thing he needs to do and I am keeping him from it. He didn't make a move toward it or say he needed to work on it UNTIL I picked it up and then suddenly he has a critical assignment to complete for his Aunt that has an immediate deadline. Hmmm - men.

Today's Weight: Still not looking but my pee stick is purple (burning fat for energy!)
Today's Exercise: 30 minutes on the Nordic Track (rainy and coooold outside)
Song of the Day: U Can't Touch This - I love MC Hammer and his puffy pants - remember the video?

2 comments:

Lori said...

OK honey, This is your Mommie speaking. I have a great deal of experience in the Loosing Weight department. I have lost at least 300 pounds in my effort. It is the same 20 pounds each time but that is what makes me an expert in the field. Here is my 2 cents: You are currently building muscle and muscle burns fat. So keep up the exercise and I know you will go to the scale in a few days and see a good weight loss. Just don't give up. You are my hero and I'm watching you. I love you cupcake and I'm very proud of you. With all my LOVE xoxoxoxo Mommie

Lori said...

OK honey, This is your Mommie speaking. I have a great deal of experience in the Loosing Weight department. I have lost at least 300 pounds in my effort. It is the same 20 pounds each time but that is what makes me an expert in the field. Here is my 2 cents: You are currently building muscle and muscle burns fat. So keep up the exercise and I know you will go to the scale in a few days and see a good weight loss. Just don't give up. You are my hero and I'm watching you. I love you cupcake and I'm very proud of you. With all my LOVE xoxoxoxo Mommie