Thursday, August 9, 2007

Day 9: Getting Pretty Hungry

The hunger is coming more consistently now. It had pretty much gone away for about a week but then decided to start coming around again. I know I can make it a few more days, though. With God's help and all. And a steel will not to indulge in the lasagna that I have to bring to church tomorrow night. Thing is, if I ate something like that right now, I would be in some serious pain. The hippies say that your digestive system is "sleeping" and has to be woken up gently.

I've decided to wake my system up a little earlier than intended. Now, it is not because I am a wimp or because God isn't helping, or that I am just starving my ass off. No - I'm trying to have some common sense. We are leaving for California on Wednesday, Aug 15. If I go off the fast on Monday night, I don't leave myself much time to "awaken" the beast and could end up having lots of issues on vacation. I am going to begin the awakening process on Sunday night - most likely with a smoothie of some sort.

I have had a few more observations. Like the fact that I can do this and feel good but if I try and just drink coffees and barely eat all day, I normally feel like crap. I haven't had a single blood sugar or hypoglycemic issue - nothing. I haven't had an ounce of protein and I don't feel like I am dying. I am still surprised by how good I actually feel. I am TIRED lately but you know - I expected to feel some fatigue. More than I am feeling, really. I will continue to juice, I think, even when I am off the fast. Why the hell not - it tastes so good. I don't know if I will go right back to caffeine, though. That is a tough addiction to break - physically - it hurt. I don't have a problem, really, with decaf. We'll see about this later when I am standing in line at Starbucks and contemplating a decaf. Hmmm.

A woman today asked me if I had lost weight and I said yes, a little. Her daughter said, "I sure wished I looked like that" - um, are you talking to ME? Wow - that made my day.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yeah! Great job Steph! By the way you look abfab in your Citizens! I totally understand using food to escape any kind of emotion! I want to celebrate with food when I'm happy, eat junk food when I'm sad or mad! Thanks for keeping us all updated. Love You