Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day Seven: Still Feeling Pretty Damned Good

I finally did some exercise last night. Twenty-five minutes on the treadmill - not bad for a chick who is basically burning negative calories. I have more energy than I would have ever suspected that one might have on a fast. Granted, I am drinking fresh fruit and veggie juices but come on - that is not much in the way of calories, no matter how you slice it. See, I can't even keep food-isms out of my language.

Uh, I am starting to think more about food. Probably because my one of my girlfriends told me that she, too, shares a Taco Bell obsession, and that got me thinking about Nachos Bell Grande and Double-Decker Tacos with Sour Cream and Tomatoes. I don't know, though - I have become a very big Taco John's fan since moving here and seeing how absolutely gross the Taco Bell is. I mean, they don't clean anything in there. Whoa - okay, stop talking about the FOOD, already. I still have 6 days to go.

Yeah, I have decided to break the fast on the evening of Monday, August 13th. My reasoning is this - my stomach is likely going to freak when it receives some solid food. I don't want to break the fast on Tuesday and then end up with a bad stomach problem (nice way of saying diarrhea) while traveling by plane with a toddler for the first time on Wednesday morning. Let's just say I am giving myself some adjustment time before we leave for our trip. And I certainly don't plan on running out and getting Taco John's or anything - I plan to keep to a fairly natural diet for a few weeks after and then hey - I might do another fast. We'll see.

Okay, so although this is about God and all, I have to say a little bit about the weight loss. I've lost 6 pounds so far. Frankly, I thought I would lose more than that - at least a little faster in the beginning. But, 6 pounds is 6 pounds. I am thrilled to finally be in the 150's, even though it is only 159. I realize that I may gain some of the weight back when I start eating but I hope to keep the majority of it off with dietary changes and lots of exercise. It can be done. The hippies say so!!

I plan to exercise a bit tonight. I am still drinking the watermelon juice - there is so damned much of it. My husband said, "Hence the name WATER melon." Yes, thank you, dear. Now kindly shove one of those watermelon popsicles I made into your special place.

No comments: