Monday, February 4, 2008

Back to A Bit Under...Again

I have officially arrived at 149 again - and it was 149.0, not 149.2 or 149.4, 149.0. I'm not even excited, really - just wishing it would go down further. I've been at the WW thing for a week now and it seems to be going well. Had a slight snafu when I made the WW vegetable soup and perhaps added a little too much salt - I held water like an economy-sized sponge, tipping the scale back up to 151.4 but thankfully, after two days of watching salt and sucking down massive amounts of water (including some lemon water), I'm back where I was before the soup fiasco.

The whole points concept is very thought-provoking for me - I see why it works for people. You learn to make better choices in the types of food you're eating because you realize that you can eat more of healthier foods than you can crap foods. Sure, you CAN eat pizza or cheeseburgers or whatever, if that is ALL you want to eat for the entire day. I get 22 points a day and then I can also earn extra points each day for my exercise - I love that feature.

Also, I get 35 "flex" points per week to be used any time I want - all at once on a splurge, or frittered out over the week, as I see fit. This past week, I saved them all up and then had some fun snacks at a party I went to last night. I know I didn't even eat the entire 35 but I felt in control and made choices that were less damaging, such as shrimp instead of heavily frosted chocolate cake, hummus and salsa instead of cream-based dips, etc. I did eat one small sugar cookie that was fantastic - I would have liked to have sat down and eaten, say, about 5 or 6, but I stopped at 1 and moved on. I just like the WW concept because I can eat what I want and I am in control of the choices, not the diet program.

We had a death in the family (my husband's granfather, Harry) and so tons of folks are coming into town this weekend to attend the funeral. "Bestafar" (grandpa in Norwegian?) was 97 and he is well-remembered by so many people in this town - it's amazing. I just got an email from opposing counsel in a case I am working on and he sent his condolences, telling me that he had bought his very first car from Harry when he was a young whip - so funny! Harry was a bigshot car dealer back in the day, apparently. So we wish Harry off to heaven with all of our love and are so happy that he can reconvene with his sweetheart and love of his life, Harriet, who passed away several years ago. Goodbye, Harry and enjoy the afterlife! We will be joining you soon enough.

3 comments:

Mommie said...

Hi Honey, I just wanted to let you know I read your entries and had a good laugh. I'm glad you are back down in weight. I know very well how to go up and down and up and down..... Love ya

Missie said...

You so nicely summed up why I like WW and why it works for me. I can have whatever I want, I just have to pay with my points for it. So nice, instead of paying with my thighs like I have for so many years.

My condolences on your grampainlaw. Sounds like he had quite a life.

amma15 said...

My condolences to you and your husband.

I'm back now, thanks for all your support! I've even picked up la mystere bra 2, they're good but they're not perfect-however I'm doubting the perfect bra exists.

You're doing great as always, I've had a setback btu I'm getting back on track