Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The News...Not So Great

I talked to my GYN this morning - I have to have the cone biopsy AND and D & C. SHIT! I am not happy about this at all, naturally. And it's not really the surgery or even the possibility of having cancer that bugs me - it's more the fact that this might just interfere with my ability to have another child. All this lollygagging around, "waiting" to lose weight - I surely hope I have not lost my chance to have another child.

Okay, so WHOA - we aren't really there yet, are we? I haven't been told I have cancer or that I have to have a hysterectomy or anything. They just want a piece of my cervix and the chance to scrape it out a little. Gross - glad I will be asleep for all of this cutting and scraping business. Anyway - just thought I should write about it instead of just sitting here crying intermittently about it. Bottom line is that I would gladly have all of the womanly parts removed if it meant being alive for my son in the future. So there. The surgery will be in about 4 to 6 weeks. I'm sure I will have plenty to say about it over the next several weeks.

No comments: