Wednesday, June 4, 2008

HYC Check In - Doing Okay Today

Well, the surgery went fine. And frankly, it was no big deal. I really have not had any significant pain (tylenol and/or ibuprofen took care of it) and I was out shopping for clothes with my mom the very next day.

I am still waiting to hear if the pathology people Found Anything. It has been 5 business days, guys - Hell-O! Part of me is absolutely certain they are going to tell me everything is fine, come back for another lovely pap smear in 3 months, blah blah blah. Another part of me is certain that I will hear I have cancer and have to have an immediate hysterectomy and chemo. There is no middle ground in my mind! However, I will try to contain my morbid thoughts until I hear the official word which should be any time now. I have a follow up appointment scheduled for next Wednesday so perhaps they are waiting to spread the joy until next week? Hmmm...

In other news, I am "back in the saddle" on the weight loss front. I am back to 148, after a brief visit to 152. Am working out like a mad woman and tracking my WW points religiously. My goal (yes, I have actually set a goal this time - like ON PAPER, even) is to be at goal by July 12. That is six weeks - I know I can do it. I am tired of messing around. PLUS - now that I've had this surgery, I can't get pregnant for at least 4 months, possibly more, so why not use that time to get in the best shape of my life? My husband is talking about going on an amazing vacation to the British Virgin Islands in October so I would like to look amazing for that little event. I've got the time here to do it so - I just need to get off my ass and do it.

Will keep all posted on the cervical drama and my weekly WW weigh in on Saturday. I go at the ungodly hour of 7:30AM on Saturdays - not because it fits my schedule best or is convenient or any of that - I want to be able to weigh right as I get out of bed and before I take in a drop of liquid. I don't know how people can STAND to weigh in in the evening! It would drive me nuts. Anyway - that's what's going on for me today. Living one day at a time....

2 comments:

Missie said...

Good girl on the WW tracking and exercising.

And I am so glad your surgery went okay.

40 by 40 said...

Hi- Thank you for stopping by! Great job on LOSING 50lbs! Amazing! I can see you are very disciplined with the goal setting and tracking points!! Nice job. I hope you are feeling okay post-op and all. Please keep us posted on the results. Be well!!Feel good.