Monday, June 9, 2008

HYC Check In - It's All Good

My test results came back okay - well, I mean, okay as in - I'm not dying of cancer! Apparently it was a good thing that they did this particular type of biopsy because there was some moderate to severe dysplasia that was traveling up my cervix toward the uterus but the biopsy was significant enough to remove it all. There are a few other bits I could share but eew, gross - let's just say I am good for now. I will have another pap in 4 months and see what's up. If the dysplasia cells are not back, I will be in the clear to begin trying to conceive again. Yay! Now I can just concentrate on shrinking my butt instead.

Went to WW on Saturday - lost 1.2 so not too bad but I think it should have been more. That's just my personal thought and all - I don't care what my body thinks, that is what I, my BRAIN, thinks. I have been working my buns off to the Turbo Jam DVDs. Man, that Punch, Kick and Jam one is a KILLER - I mean, I am absolutely dripping the sweat - and I am in pretty good shape! Anyone who says Turbo Jam "didn't work" wasn't doing something right!

I have been perusing the WW chat boards lately and I am always amazed to see some of the comments. Recently someone asked for some DVD recommendations and of course, I recommended Hip Hop Abs and Turbo Jam because both have given me great results. I checked back later to see what other folks had said and at least two people said that Hip Hop Abs "didn't work" for them. One of the women actually said that she'd done it "twice" and it didn't help her abs so she wasn't using it and wouldn't recommend it. OMG, people - it is not an INSTANT life change these videos offer - you actually have to use them consistently for WEEKS and MONTHS to see positive, long term results. It just cracks me up how we are often seeking such instant gratification or satisfaction from things - myself included much of the time! I want to take a pill or read a book and be instantly changed forever for the good - I am looking for the SECRET, you know? But hey - I found out that there is no secret, at least to losing weight. Eat less, move more - that's how it works. Simple, but very difficult at the same time.

Anyway - enough from me. My HYC Check in is EARLY. I can't believe it. Hope everyone is doing great.

6 comments:

irunbehind said...

Congrats on your positive medical news and your wgt loss!!!

Irish Mom said...

I am so glad your results were fine, what a releif for you I am sure. 1.2 lbs down is awesome!! Have a great week!!

Mama Bear June said...

but.....I want to snap my fingers and get six-pack abs.....waaah. LOL Yeah, it's a long haul and you are doing great. Congrats on the loss and on the good test results.

Stephanie said...

Great news on your test results! That must be a huge relief. As for HHA - Ive seen a few posts from people giving up on it after one or two tries. Personally I LOVE it. According to my HRM I really burn a ton more calories with it and I definitely feel it. Its not a program you can sleep walk your way through. You really have to get into it to enjoy it. Im even thinking of splurging and getting his new set Rockin Abs - more of my "stuck in the 80s" music! Thats something I can really get into!

dadivastreet said...

Glad all is positive & Whoo Hoo! on the weight loss!

WillBFineby2009 said...

I am a new blogger & I own turbo jm & LUV THEM! How can someone say not recommended.I did see results before joining the Ymca by using Turbo Jam...Highly recommended..You are doing super at the weightloss!