Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it finally got here. The last several weeks have been a bit of a blur but I suppose it is that way for a lot of people, right? Several things have been accomplished in the past month or so and here they are:

1. K & B - The Firm: Yes, it's true. I am now the owner of a law firm. My husband and I purchased the firm, effective January 1 and we are now the official honchos (although our paralegal Sally might say otherwise - I call her "Boss.") It has been stressful, getting to this point, and will be even more stressful over the next 4 months as we help the previous owner "transition" his way into retirement.

2. Curves Whore: I am an official Curves whore - I love the place. The gal who runs it is a chatty kathy and we just yack our heads off while I run around and sweat. I go during my work day which totally rocks because then I don't have to stress all day long about getting it done later that night, after I put the kid down because let's face it - I hate working out at night and will look for any excuse not to. And it breaks up my day. I am thrilled to find something I truly enjoy.

3. Dropped an Obligation to Focus on ME: I have had a heavy heart for quite awhile about a church obligation (a ministry, in fact) that I have been leading for about 2.5 years. It is a Christ-centered recovery group. Problem is, my family (as in my husband, his parents and soon, his sister and her family) has left the church and I feel highly inclined to join them. I have been torn for a long time about how to continue the recovery group while joining a new church. Also, my own recovery has suffered over the past year and I've not been able (or maybe "willing" would be a better word) to do what it takes to get my head together. So a change has been made - I told my co-leader last night that I am leaving the church (as in, a full, clean break) and that I will be a participant in the meeting but not a leader. As a result of that discussion, we have decided to make some big changes to the group that will enable the co-leader to continue with it and, hopefully, make it a more fulfilling program for everyone. And me, well - I am going to get a sponsor and do some real work on myself this year.

That's my stuff for now. I have gained over 10 pounds so am around 159-ish. Not happy about that but not being crazy about it, either. It will come off and I move forward in what I hope is a happier and more honest way in 2009. Here are some funny pics to admire...


Here we are, the K & P Team. Below, our fancy professional head shots...

Justin, the sexy beast that he is...
And then me, of course...looking eerily similar to one of my good friends, Santana...

And then here are me and Justin, the cute couple...and our even cuter son, Wyatt!



Happy New Year to Everyone! May 2009 be a great one for all of us - even Barrack Obama!












2 comments:

Missie said...

Congrats on your own firm! How exciting and nerve wracking and intense that all must be! Good for you!

And you and your family are just adorable. So there.

Missie said...

Can I sue a company for being stupid and employing annoying people and just making me mad? No? Huh.