Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bring the Insanity

I recently got Beachbody.com's newest workout program, "Insanity." It features Shaun T (of "Hip Hop Abs" fame) yelling and sweating profusely with some of the most amazingly in shape people I've ever seen. (I have an admiring crush on Ariel, the fabulous blonde gal with abs of granite and an ass that you could balance an apple on, as in, it is like a SHELF jutting out from behind her). Shaun T works everyone to death, jumping around, flailing arms, rapid fire push ups, something totally evil called "suicides," the works - Even the people in the video crumple up onto the floor in exhaustion, take breaks, etc. It is mostly high intensity cardio circuits so far. It is a 60 day program. Tomorrow is Day 4. So far, despite the fact that I usually feel like I am dying 5 minutes into it, I am loving it. I just go A LOT slower than those crazy people. Truly, the work outs are INSANE. They named the program appropriately.

I've even been getting up in the morning to do it - that is big news, considering the fact that I hate dragging my ass out of bed for any reason. I've been eating well and taking care of myself, too. Wow - I can't believe I just wrote that. It's pretty rare that I am doing a lot of the right things for myself... I get scared because I am afraid that at any minute, something is going to happen and I am going to go back to feeling depressed and mired in my own self-loathing.

Feeling well (or dare I say "happy"?) always feels a little precarious to me, as if it is just a brief, temporary state that could escape me at any given moment, not to be seen again for years to come. I stand back and quietly admire the serenity inside of me the way an ice sculptor might examine his work - it is beautiful and grand and I am filled with satisfaction, but I am also sad because I know that the melting is inevitable, continuing until there is nothing but a pool of self-pity at my feet.

To help with these feelings, I am just working on the whole "one day at a time" concept. I don't need to worry about whether I will be happy tomorrow - I just need to focus on what I can do today to take care of myself. When I do those things, the happiness and serenity just sort of happen. And if something shitty happens during a day, I can continue to do the right things for myself, instead of getting pissed off and childishly saying to myself, "Well, if that's how it's going to be I might as well be how I've always been. There is no reason to change." I am embarassed to say this, but at 40 years old, I think I can positively say that I am beginning to grow up.

So back to the Insanity thing - I will be checking in here at least once a week with my results and a report on how it is going. I hope to live through the first week - so far the knees are holding up fine and my heart rate is staying under bursting point. If you are at all interested in learning more about any of Beachbody.com's programs, you should go by their website. My husband and I both use their programs (we don't belong to a gym at all - we work out at home) and I can say that we've been totally satisfied with every program - Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, P90X, Slim in 6, and now Insanity. We've both gotten great results when we stick to the program and watch our nutrition. No, Beachbody doesn't pay me to write this - I just think they are a great company (even though they charge WAY too much for shipping...)

Have a great week!

9 comments:

admin said...

I guess the difference between p90 and insanity is one builds muscle more than the other?? Hmmm.. I think I will go with insanity.
I already purchased it from this site

Shaun T Insanity

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear, are you really visiting this site on
a regular basis, if so then you will absolutely get pleasant knowledge.


My page - jersey shop
Feel free to visit my homepage :: jersey shop

Anonymous said...

This design is inсredіble! Υou certаіnly know hοw to keep а reader entertaіned.
Between your wіt anԁ your ѵideos, I was аlmоst moved to ѕtart my own blog (well,
almost...HаHa!) Fantаstic job. I really loved whаt you had to say, аnd
more than that, how you presented іt.

Too cool!

Tаke а look at my website :: blu cigs Review

Anonymous said...

In that respect, this item does oρerate or at the verу least dοes
not make untгuе сlaims.

Check out my page: Http://www.hbr.cl

Anonymous said...

Essentially the flex belt is a belt you strap on around your waist аnd three partіcularly ρlaced pads arе what helр contract your abs.



My web-ѕite; http://www.squidoo.com/flex-belt-review-and-discount
my webpage: https://iras.geo.tu-freiberg.de

Anonymous said...

Not juѕt that, yοu сan іndulge
іn addеd operates eѵеn though weаring this.



Also νіsit my ωeb page - flex belt

Anonymous said...

The role of this underlay is to Fundamentally serve up the companies usable.

Remember that a metallic element cap testament,
to a sure grade, elements in each roofing company Scheme are
victimised, and how urine, temperature, and humidness
touch the cap. All these types fluctuate in
their functions introductory overview of roofing company over
shingles.

Here is my blog ... roofing company los angeles

Anonymous said...

These modern day fitness devices are worn around the waist, positioned correct
about the abs and then employing what is known as electronic muscle stimulation.



Also visit my web site norfolknightlife.Ning.com

Anonymous said...

You ought to not have an lively assistance motor light to use
an OBD method. Consult the difficulties codes by search engine.


Here is my homepage; obd 2 scan tool