Saturday, August 22, 2009

Still Insane and Loving It

Just finished week 3 of "Insanity." I am amazed that I have continued this long. Even more amazed that I am actually ENJOYING this abuse, looking forward to the heavy breathing and more sweat than I have ever seen fall from my body. REALLY - it falls off of me onto the carpet. Today, I was working so hard that something actually blew out of my frickin' NOSE and fell to the floor. Let's just say that it's a good thing we will be steam-cleaning these carpets when we move. But I've left more DNA in my workout room lately than I ever have. Anywhere.

Okay, so I know my one reader is dying to know...What are the STATS? Have I lost weight? Do I look different? Well - as of last Sunday I had lost 5 pounds. I measured myself today - I've lost 2 inches from my boobs already (that's fine, they were way too juggy to begin with), 2 inches from my waist, an inch off my arms and a half inch from my hips. I think that is good for three weeks of hard ass work. Of course, I want to have lost ten pounds and ten inches already but you know - patience is a virtue and all that garbage. I took photos at the beginning and actually had my body fat measured so - once I am fabulous and can say, "See how great I look?!" then I will post the before and after photos and body comp stats. Until then, the before photo stays under serious wraps. I can't believe I let my husband take it. I am wearing only a sports bra and a tiny pair of undies.

Still practicing being kind to myself. It's not easy. Sometimes I don't feel very kind toward anyone, including my son, who is 3 and a half and driving me crazy with the "why?" thing. And the interrupting - OMG, the interrupting. Six months ago he could barely talk - now I can't shut him up. It's so wonderful, really, but that doesn't mean I can't get annoyed or want to stuff a few monster trucks in his mouth once in awhile. So I haven't been feeling very kind or patient these last few days. We've just had a lot going on and frankly, I feel the premenstrual crazies, even though I am not PM right now. I guess I am just bitchy.

I have been peeing on those ovulation predictor sticks every morning for a week - still haven't dropped an egg yet. I must have been way off on my cycle. I guess that explains why I am not knocked up yet. Oh well - that leaves more time for me to continue the INSANITY and get in the best shape of my life. I am down with that. It would me nice to have a healthy, happier pregnancy. Speaking of which, my blood pressure today was 115 / 77 - THAT is amazing, folks. I am normal for the first time in a long time. Must have something to do with the exercise and diet.

Imagine that.

4 comments:

Missie said...

Good girl! I am very proud of you, my friend! Way to harness the crazy and make it work for you!

I remain fat. Just FYI in case you were wondering.

Cammy said...

Awesome progress! Or so it seems. I can't really tell without the pictures. :) Just kidding of course.

Re: drippy sweat - I have to be careful not to laugh out loud when I see the sweat literally dripping off my body. It's such a great feeling to know I'm working that hard.

Mrs. Sheila said...

I sure need your help! If you still plan on participating in GAG , your starting weight is needed on the week1:day1 post with the other weigh ins! If not, just jot me a message, and I can remove your link in the sidebar. Just trying to assign teams, and am unable to do so fairly without all the information. (Dont' worry ~ your not the only one I am sending a message out to!)

Clinton TCho said...

Fantastic web site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you on your effort!
Digital marketing Singapore