Tuesday, August 28, 2012

All Fired Up


A few days back I was going on a long drive and I brought along an old favorite, Pat Benatar's "Best Shots" album - her greatest hits.  I hadn't listened to the album in years.  I thought it might be good for a hoot.  I did NOT expect to be completely inspired and brought to tears numerous times. 

Of course there are the awesome, well-known hits - "Heartbreaker," "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," "Invincible," "We Belong".... the radio songs.  But I had forgotten the amazing "Promises In the Dark," "Hell Is For Children," and my personal all-time favorite, "All Fired Up."  These songs are total gems, and if you are an 80's kid, you might want to go back and listen again, my friend. 

I was most blown away by "All Fired Up," and how the lyrics seemed to fit my life right this second.  I feel just like Pat did, as if I've been asleep for 20 years and now, I'm wide awake and "moving like a meteorite."  But the best part is the background chorus:

"Now I believe there comes a time
When everything just falls in line
We live and learn from our mistakes
The deepest cuts are healed by faith."

The deepest cuts truly are healed by faith - Faith that things will turn out the way they are supposed to.  Faith that we are right where we are supposed to be in life.  And faith that we do not need to control everything and everyone around us.  My deepest cuts are healing every day because I believe that God is in charge and that all I need is the power to carry out His will.  I know that it is up to me to take action but the outcomes are His alone. 

Letting go of outcomes is probably one of the most important parts of my own healing.  As long as I show up and do my best in all areas of my life, I can trust that the right thing will happen.  Worry does take me down sometimes, of course.  But when I find myself doubting or wringing my hands in distress, I just try to relax, breathe deeply, and ask for guidance.  I focus my prayer on seeking God's will and receiving the power to carry it out (yes, very A.A.).  I don't need to ask for all kinds of specific things because God's will for me is perfect already.  He doesn't require my assistance in determining what I need in life.  I can just see God now, slapping his knee and guffawing as He reviews my list of "necessities."

Anyway, just wanted to pay a little tribute to Pat B. and her awesome song.  I, too, am lighting up the darkness, all fired up for life in a way that I have never been before. 


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. It's a wonderful feeling to be deeply touched by music.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from California! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.

I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
. Anyhow, great blog!
Also visit my homepage ... asuntoturkista.net

Anonymous said...

In that rеspect, this item ԁoes operаte
or at thе quite leаѕt dοes not make
untrue claims.

Heгe iѕ my webpage: flex belt review
my website - flex belt review

Anonymous said...

The signals connect with concentrated nerve locations, which in turn spread the signal
to the entire abdominal region.

Here is my site; flex belt

Anonymous said...

What's up, its nice paragraph concerning media print, we all understand media is a great source of data.

Take a look at my blog - the full details

Anonymous said...

Simply want to say your article is as amazing.
The clarity for your publish is simply spectacular and i can assume you're knowledgeable in this subject. Fine along with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to stay up to date with drawing close post. Thank you a million and please continue the enjoyable work.

Feel free to visit my web-site for more info

Anonymous said...

If you desire to take a good deal from this article then
you have to apply these techniques to your won website.

Look into my homepage :: Find a Bungalow

Anonymous said...

I do trust all the іdeas уou've introduced for your post. They're very convincіng and can certaіnly worκ.
Νonethelеss, the poѕts aгe vеry
short for novices. Mаy you plеasе extenԁ them a little fгom neхt tіme?

Thanκ уou fοr thе pоst.

Here is my webѕitе ... san diego mobile marketing

Anonymous said...

Eѕsеntiаlly thе flех bеlt iѕ a bеlt
you straр on about уоur ωaiѕt and three especially рlaceԁ pads aгe what help contrасt your abs.


Reνiew my blog; Squidoo.Com

Anonymous said...

The belt functions to tighten your muscles by contracting them, and then relaxing them, and then repeating the motion, and it targets all the muscle tissues in your
abdominal section.

Have a look at my web site :: http://Www.Marsvenusatwork.Com

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn.
That is a very neatly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

Here is my website; commercial property

Anonymous said...

Wow, this piece of writing is good, my sister is analyzing such things, so I
am going to convey her.

My web site ... クリスチャンルブタン

Anonymous said...

Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of information on your
page. Im really impressed by your site.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about ob. Regards

Here is my website - paper writing service reviews

Ro Ando said...

Hey, are you still taking the niacin? I've been taking it for a week now, and feeling pretty good. It's like someone has untangled my brain and given it a good clean. I'd like to know how you're getting on.

Wendy said...

Ive been taking niacin for four days and I feel so good! Its wonderful. I talked to so many people today and smiled and laughed and joked. Before that I wanted to die. Literally at the beginning of the week, monday, I was in tears and wanted to die. Its Saturday now and I feel brand new. Im blown away and so grateful. I found out about niacin from Dr. Saul too. I just googled testimonials for it and your blog popped up. Thank you for sharing your story. You are truly a gifted writer and I hope you are doing well!

Wendy said...

Ive been taking niacin for four days and I feel so good! Its wonderful. I talked to so many people today and smiled and laughed and joked. Before that I wanted to die. Literally at the beginning of the week, monday, I was in tears and wanted to die. Its Saturday now and I feel brand new. Im blown away and so grateful. I found out about niacin from Dr. Saul too. I just googled testimonials for it and your blog popped up. Thank you for sharing your story. You are truly a gifted writer and I hope you are doing well!